Below are answers to frequent questions that we get asked. If you do not find what you are looking for below, please feel free to contact us at West Meadows.
- Payment Plans: You can choose to pay in full at registration or select one of the following payment plan options.
- 50/50 plan: 50% is due at the time of registration with the balance automatically charged to the credit card on file November 15th.
- Monthly plan: 20% is due at the time of registration with the balance split into six payments and automatically charged to the credit card on file September through February, on the 15th of the month.
A credit card MUST be provided for the 50/50 and monthly payment plans. A $25 charge will be incurred for declined credit card payments.
- When can we purchase spirit wear? The Renegades offer spirit wear for sale at the start of the season. We will email everyone once the sale begins.
- Public Skate Pass Discount: All registered Renegades players receive a 20% discount on individual (for the player only) or family public skate passes. This discount is good until October 1st and passes can be purchased at the Nelson Sports Complex. Discount not valid with other discounts or promotions (ex: Early Bird Discount).
- Do we need to attend evaluations? If possible, yes. Registered Mite players will be divided into groups for evaluations. You will be emailed which evaluation group your child should attend once registrations have been processed. If you are unable to attend the evaluation date assigned please let us know and we can change you to the other group.
- Which level should I register my child for if he/she is moving up from Pre-Mite?: If your child is coming from Pre-Mite class you should register them for Mite Minor. After evaluations, if our staff feels your child should be placed in a more skill appropriate level you will be notified.
- What is the Mite Minor/Mite Major schedule for fall? Typically Mite Major & Mite Minor will each have two practices and one game per week. Practice will be every Friday evening (Minor 6:00pm, Major 7:00pm) and Monday evening (Minor 5:20pm, Major 6:20pm). Games will be on Saturdays (Minor 10:30am, Major 11:30am). PLEASE NOTE THESE TIMES ARE NOT GUARANTEED UNTIL THE SEASON BEGINS AND COULD CHANGE. Exact schedules will be posted to the Renegades website calendar in late August.
- Will they receive a jersey/socks? All Mite players wear black Mite jerseys. These are the same jerseys that skaters receive when they are in Pre-Mites. If you do not have a black Mite jersey, or if you need a bigger size, let us know. All players will receive black Mite socks at the start of the season.
- When does the season end? The season runs from September to March.
- What is Mite Plus? New for the 2019 season, Mite Full Ice will move under the Renegades Plus program and expand to include teams for 2011, 2012 & 2013 birth years. As in the past with the Mite Full Ice program, all players on these teams will still need to register and participate in our USAH ADM program of cross ice practices and games. Mite Plus is an add-on program for our more competitive players. Complete information can be found on the “Renegades Plus” page on the Renegades website.
10U through 14U:
- Can I request a coach? You can only request that a player not be placed on a team with a specific coach. Requests to place a player with a specific coach will not be accepted.
- When do we find out which evaluation day/time to attend? Goalies should attend all evaluation times for their level. Skaters will be emailed their date/time prior to evaluations once all registrations have been processed. If you are only available for one of the evaluation dates you can email us ahead of time and request that date.
- How many practices/games are there per week? Typically, 10U through 14U players will have one to two practices and one game per week during the fall/winter season. Practice days will rotate each week with times being approximately: 10U - 6pm and 7pm, 12U - 7pm and 8pm, 14U 8pm and 9pm. Practice days are typically scheduled on a rotation to help avoid possible conflicts players may have with other activities on a weekly basis. Games are usually held on weekends with the schedule being generated by the Northwest Hockey League. The first few practice dates will be released upon posting of the team rosters after evaluations. The game schedule will be released after the Northwest Hockey League scheduling meeting later in September.
- Do players receive a jersey/socks? Players who already have a home & away jersey from the previous fall season, that still fits & is in good condition, can reuse their jerseys and receive a $50 discount off of their fall registration fee ($25 discount for 18U). Players that need new jerseys need to mark their jersey size on the registration form. Sample size jerseys are available to view at West Meadows Ice Arena. All players receive new home and away socks every year.
- When does the season end? The season runs September to February with the Northwest Hockey League playoff tournament rounding out the season in March.
- What is the Progressive Team? The Progressive Team is for players at the 10U through 14U level, who are newer to the game of hockey, and not yet ready to play at their age respective level. During evaluations Renegades staff may determine that a player would benefit best by being placed on the Progressive Team. The goal of the Progressive team is to have the player ready to participate at their age respective level by the following season, if they are ready. Players on the Progressive Team do not need USA Hockey insurance.
18U (High School):
- My child was born in 2005. Should we register for 14U or 18U? 18U is for players born 2005 or earlier who are in high school. If your child was born in 2005 but is not yet in high school you should register for 14U.
- What will the 18U season include? The 18U teams will have one practice and one game per week. Games will be in the Northwest Hockey League. Players will need to be registered with USA Hockey for the fall season. The season will last September until March.