Below are answers to frequent questions that we get asked. If you do not find what you are looking for below, please feel free to contact us at West Meadows.
Mite Minor & Major:
- Which level should I register my child for?: Starting this spring season, there is only registration for "Mites" rather than a separate registration for "Mite Minor" & "Mite Major". After evaluations staff will assign them into the level appropriate for them.
- Do we need to attend evaluations? Yes. This will help Renegades staff determine which level is best for your child.
- What is the Mite Minor & Major schedules for spring? Both levels will each have two practices and one game per week. Practice will be every Friday evening at West Meadows (Minor 6:00pm, Major 7:00pm). Practice will be every Monday evening at West Meadows (Minor 6:00pm, Major 7:00pm). Games will be on Saturdays at West Meadows (Minor 9:00am, Major 10:00am). As registrations are still being processed, this schedule could change depending on the volume of skaters.
- Will they receive a jersey/socks? Mite players, or Pre-Mite skaters who are moving up, that already have a black jersey will continue to use them (if you need a bigger size let us know). Pre-Mite skaters moving up will receive black Mite socks.
- When does the season end? Monday, May 18 is the last scheduled date for Mites.
- 10U through 18U:
- Which level should I register my player for? Register your player according to their birth year.
- Can I request a coach? You can only request that a player not be placed on a team with a specific coach. Requests to place a player with a specific coach will not be accepted.
- When do we find out which evaluation to attend? Goalies should attend all evaluation times for their level. Skaters will be emailed their evaluations group number on March 3. If you are only available for one of the evaluation dates you can email us ahead of time and request that date.
- How many practices/games are there per week? 10U through 14U players will have approximately one practice and one game per week during the spring season. Practice days will rotate each week with start times being approximately: 10U - 5:40p -7p, 12U & 14U 7p-9p, 18U 8p-9p. Practice days are typically scheduled on a rotation to help avoid possible conflicts players may have with other activities on a weekly basis. Games will be held on weekends and could be mid-day on Saturdays or Sunday mornings. As registrations are still being processed, this schedule could change depending on the volume of skaters.
- Do players receive a jersey/socks? Spring league teams will each have a different color. Players will be issued a jersey and socks in the color of the team they are placed on.
- When does the season end? The season will end by Sunday, May 17.
- When does fall registration start? Returning Fall 2019 players can pre-register for the Fall 2020 season in mid July. Open registration to all players begins August 1. Information regarding the fall season will be posted on the Renegades website once it becomes available.
Renegades Refund Policy: Maximum 50% refund of spring player registration fee after Thursday, March 12 for players deciding not to play for any reason other than injury or illness. Withdrawal from spring league will forfeit any discount of camp/clinic fees. Injury refunds will only be issued for absences of one month or longer and a doctor note must be provided. Injury refunds will not be given if notified more than 30 days after the injury/illness or the completion of the season.