Below are answers to frequent questions that we get asked. If you do not find what you are looking for below, please feel free to contact us at West Meadows.
Mites (6U & 8U):
- Do we need to attend evaluations? Yes. You will be emailed your evaluations group assignment March 5th.
- Which level should I register my child for if he/she is moving up from Pre-Mite?: Register your child according to their age appropriate group. After evaluations, if our staff feels your child is not ready to skate at that level we will move them into a more skill appropriate level.
- What is the Mite 6U & 8U schedule for spring? Both 6U & 8U will each have two practices and one game per week. Practice will be every Friday evening at West Meadows (6U 6:00pm, 8U 7:00pm). Practice will be every Monday evening at West Meadows (6U 6:10pm, 8U 7:10pm). Games will be on Saturdays at West Meadows (6U 8:00am, 8U 9:00am). As registrations are still being processed, this schedule could change depending on the volume of skaters.
- Will they receive a jersey/socks? Mite players, or Pre-Mite skaters who are moving up, that already have a black jersey will continue to use them (if you need a bigger size let us know). Pre-Mite skaters moving up will receive black Mite socks.
- When does the season end? A practice on Saturday, May 18 is the last scheduled date for Mites.
- What is Mite Full Ice? Mite Full Ice is an add on program for 8U registered skaters. This birth year specific program gives skaters the experience of playing full ice games. Mite Full Ice skaters must still be registered for, and participate in, the 8U program. Full Ice teams will participate in full ice games against teams from other hockey organizations. The Mite Full Ice program is games only (no practices) with games scheduled by the North Shore Hockey League (NEW!). Mite Full Ice skaters must be registered with AAU Hockey. For additional information please contact Scott Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10U through 18U:
- Which level should I register my player for? Register according to their birth year.
- Can I request a coach? You can only request that a player not be placed on a team with a specific coach. Requests to place a player with a specific coach will not be accepted.
- When do we find out which evaluation to attend? Goalies should attend all evaluation times for their level. Skaters will be emailed their evaluations group number on March 5. If you are only available for one of the evaluation dates you can email us ahead of time and request that date.
- How many practices/games are there per week? 10U through 14U players will have approximately one practice and one game per week during the spring season. Practice days will rotate each week with start times being approximately: 10U - 5:40p -7p, 12U & 14U 7p-9p, 18U 8p-9p. Practice days are typically scheduled on a rotation to help avoid possible conflicts players may have with other activities on a weekly basis. Games will be held on weekends and could be mid-day on Saturdays or Sunday mornings. As registrations are still being processed, this schedule could change depending on the volume of skaters.
- Do players receive a jersey/socks? Spring league teams will each have a different color. Players will be issued a jersey and socks in the color of the team they are placed on.
- When does the season end? The season will end by Sunday, May 19.
- When does fall registration start? Returning Fall 2018 players can pre-register for the Fall 2019 season starting Monday, July 22. Open registration to all players begins August 1. Information regarding the fall season will be posted on the Renegades website once it becomes available.
Renegades Refund Policy: Maximum 50% refund of spring player registration fee after Thursday, March 14 for players deciding not to play for any reason other than injury or illness. Withdrawal from spring league will forfeit any discount of camp/clinic fees. Injury refunds will only be issued for absences of one month or longer and a doctor note must be provided. Injury refunds will not be given if notified more than 30 days after the injury/illness or the completion of the season.